About Me

My photo
I love the Lord. I attend Gulf Coast Assembly of God church in North Port, FL. My husband Carl and I have lived in Florida for 6 yrs. We are originally from Long Island, NY. We have 2 dogs, 2 beautiful kitties and 2 birds.. My heart belongs to the Lord...He is my best friend, my daddy. He has brought me from the pits of hell and brought me to the beautiful works of his world. I thank God everyday for what he has done in me and thru me and he keeps me growing everyday,I love the journey he has me on and i wake each morning excited to see what he has for me. I wake in the morning and the first thing I say is "Thank you Lord for this day that you have given me. Let me do what you want me to do. When I hear your voice speak to me saying "FOLLOW ME" let me always be obedient." My hearts desire is to reach Women from all over the country and locally. I am active in our Womens Ministry. It is such a blessing that we have such a wonderful Womens Ministry. Our women know that we have all been thru lifes UPS AND DOWNS and TOGETHER we lift each other up and encourage each other....

Friday, July 15, 2011

FIRST OFFICIAL DEVOTION...."WAITING FOR HIM"

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope.  My soul waits for the Lord, more than those who watch for the morning - Yes, more than than those who wait for the morning.
Psalm 130:5-6 (NKJV)

I have a Devotional Prayer book called the WOMEN OF WORTH.  I love the title, because our Womens Ministry is named "WOMEN OF WORTH".

In this Devotional The first scripture that i read was called "Waitng For Him." How fitting for this time and season of my life.

These days, I seem to be waiting on my Lord, my Father for alot.  I am "waiting" for a JOB...I'm "waiting" to hear from UNEMPLOYMENT....I am "waiting" to HEAR from the Lord as to what His plan and purpose is for me....

During this "waiting" He is preparing my soul, my heart, my very being as to what He wants me to accomplish.  He wants me to "wait" upon Him in ALL things.  Waiting is not always easy or fun.  I found tho, thru the "waiting"  my strength is being renewed.  My hope is being restored.  My soul and heart are being drawn closer to my Father as I wait upon Him.  Just as a little child "waits" for their mommy or daddy to do something for them, so do I "wait" for my Daddy."

Waiting for the Lord, is also a time for "OBEDIENCE".  Our Father, wants us to "obey" his commandments. To "obey" when He speaks to us.  

There is a song by John Waller called "While I'm Waiting." Youtube this song. This song has ministered to me in every walk I walk.  "Lord I'm waiting, I'm waiting on you Lord and I am HOPEFUL and OBEDIENT."

I dont just wait for the Lord to come in the morning.  I wait with anticipation and excitement the entire day.  He is doing something in us and thru us every waking moment of our day.  Don't waste your time "wishing" for this or that.  "WAIT" upon the Lord.  He hears your cries.  He knows your needs.  He knows the desires of your heart.  Just "wait" upon Him and when the timing is right, HIS timing, your "waiting" will be over.

Beautiful ladies of God, I want to tell you, God loves you so very much. He wants to lavish His Love on YOU.  As He lavishes His love on you, WAIT for those things that you desire, with excitement and anticipation.  When the day comes that the "waiting" is over, be prepared, because a NEW "WAITING" will begin.

A WORTHY THOUGHT...."We must wait for God, long, meekly, in the wind and wet, in the thunder and lightening, in the cold and the dark.  Wait, and He will come.  He never comes to those who do not wait."  F.W. Faber.

Be blessed this day and always.

Love,
Cindy

3 comments:

  1. Great entry- well written and succinct!It ministered to me and reminded me of a time long ago when despite the fact the God gave me the scripture below, I still took matters into my own hands. How important it is too wait for Him.

    Isaiah 30:15-18
    New King James Version (NKJV)
    15 For thus says the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel:


    “ In returning and rest you shall be saved;
    In quietness and confidence shall be your strength.”
    But you would not,
    16 And you said, “No, for we will flee on horses”—
    Therefore you shall flee!
    And, “We will ride on swift horses”—
    Therefore those who pursue you shall be swift!
    17 One thousand shall flee at the threat of one,
    At the threat of five you shall flee,
    Till you are left as a pole on top of a mountain
    And as a banner on a hill.

    God Will Be Gracious

    18 Therefore the LORD will wait, that He may be gracious to you;
    And therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you.
    For the LORD is a God of justice;
    Blessed are all those who wait for Him.
    He is always waiting for us to wait on Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we WAIT UPON THE LORD....NOTHING WE ASK FOR COMES BACK NULL OR VOID....Thank you Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wating on God is so awesome. WOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete